Home Forums DC, Virginia, and Maryland Auditions Auditions for Lost in Yonkers July 10th and July 11th

This topic contains 3 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Isaiah Pettigrew 2 weeks, 6 days ago.

• Author

Laurie T. Freed

Peace Mountain Theatre Company announces auditions for its fall production of Neil Simon’s Lost in Yonkers.

Auditions will be held July 10th and July 11th, 7:00 pm at Congregation Har Shalom, 11510 Falls Road, Potomac, MD 20854.

Auditions will be cold readings.

Director: David Dieudonne

Actor stipends will be paid.

Character descriptions:

Jay: 15 (and a half!)  The death of his mother and the necessity for his father to leave home to find work force him to be more mature  than he is ready to be.

Arty: 13, Jay’s younger brother.  He is more an observer than the rest of his family; tends to go with the flow but can act childish at times.

Bella: 35, an aunt of Jay and Artie.  Sometimes a bit off-center, a bit mentally challenged.  Despite this, she is loving and protective of her nephews.  Longs for independence from her stern mother.

Louie: late 30s.  Flamboyant, jovial uncle to Jay and Arty.  Bagman for the mob.  Considered by Grandma Kurnitz to be the “survivor” in the family.  Strong, mercurial nature, certain underlying cark side.  Played with quiet but crucial note of malice.

Grandma Kurnitz:  70s.  Immigrant from Germany, exceedingly stern.  Because of harsh childhood, intolerant of what she considers to be “weakness: in others.  She is blunt, sometimes in a funny way; always knows what is going on around her.  She has a boundless capacity to love, but childhood traumas have caused her to suppress it. Accent required.

Eddie: 40s.  Father to Jay and Arty, brother to Louie.  He is forced to send his sons to live with Grandma after the death of his wife.  He is a nervous wreck  around Grandma, always meek and compliant in her presence.  Has very low self-confidence and an air of defeatism, but loves his sons and will do anything to support them.

Gert: 40s.  An aunt to Jay & Arty.  Has a noticeable breathing issue – tendency to suck in air while still speaking.  This malady resulted from a childhood trauma.  At times she acts as mediator within the family.

Performance Dates

Thursday, Oct 26; Saturday, October 28; Sunday, October 29

Thursday, Nov 2; Sunday, November 5 (matinee and evening)

• #236473 Reply

Nick Russo

• #236767 Reply

Gascon Quaicoe

I’m much interested in acting , I have no experience but my passion for acting is greated to than a mustad seed. I believe in my self and can be put on try at a stage with little guidance I will deliver the best. I’m bringing much diversity and multicultur in the movie industry . I would appreciate to be called on. Thanks

• #236820 Reply

Isaiah Pettigrew

I’m willing to audition for this!

Reply To: Auditions for Lost in Yonkers July 10th and July 11th
Your information: