This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Chip Gertzog – Providence Players 1 week, 3 days ago.
July 9, 2017 at 3:12 pm #237098
Chip Gertzog – Providence Players
Open Auditions July 19 & 20 Providence Players “Moon Over Buffalo”
The Providence Players will be holding auditions for our production of Ken Ludwig’s outrageously funny farce, Moon Over Buffalo, on July 19th and 20th at the James Lee Community Center located at 2855 Annandale Rd in Falls Church. There are 8 roles and all are open. The Providence Players is a twenty-year-old, award-winning, non-profit community theater troupe. Moon Over Buffalo is the opening production of the Providence Players 20th Anniversary season.
An RSVP is necessary for planning purposes only. We do NOT require or make audition reservations or time slot appointments. Plan on attending as much of the audition session as you are able. We have fun at auditions and you will be up and down multiple times in different scenes and with different audition partners. No monologue is required. Read on for further information.
If you plan on auditioning – please go to the full audition announcement at the following link for complete details, form downloads, preliminary production schedule and other information:
From the master of period-perfect farce, Ken Ludwig, this fast-paced comedy, set in the Erlanger Theatre in Buffalo in 1953, Charlotte and George Hay are on tour with a repertory consisting of Cyrano de Bergerac and Noel Coward’s Private Lives, when they receive word that they might just have one last shot at stardom: Frank Capra is coming to town to see their matinee. Mistaken identities, outrageous plot twists, slapstick comedy and a slew of self-obsessed performers desperately try to keep things from (hilariously) falling apart.
8 Actors (4 Men – 4 Women) – All Roles Open
• The Providence Players of Fairfax is a non-profit community theater troupe. All participation is on a volunteer, non-compensated basis.
• The Providence Players of Fairfax is a membership organization. Membership is not required to audition. If cast, actors in addition to production team members will be asked to become members of the Providence Players ($10) for the season (if they are not already).
• Actors are expected to participate in set build (Sept. 9 &10) and set strike (Oct 22)
MOON OVER BUFFALO BY KEN LUDWIG
From the Director:
Moon is a madcap comedy about Charlotte and George Hay who are fading actors with their own acting troupe who are currently performing Private Lives and Cyrano de Bergerac in repertory at The Erlanger Theatre in Buffalo, NY in 1953. Charlotte has great dreams of still making it as a big Hollywood film star, her husband George is very satisfied as a stage actor which he sees as superior to film. Charlotte and George having no other offers head to Buffalo with a cast of characters to perform, and a series of events create a hilarious 2 act play. The action and dialogue are very fast paced and many of the roles require physical comedy.
• George Hay (Male 50’s) a traveling actor who along with his wife Charlotte runs the theatre company. Strong physical comedy including stage combat.
• Charlotte Hay (Female 50’s) George’s wife and will play any lead roles even when she is a bit too old for the roles. Charlotte helps run the theatre company. Physical comedy including stage combat
• Ethel (Female 60’s/70’s) Charlottes mother. Grumpy, trouble maker, very hard of hearing. Her son-in-law makes her crazy.
• Rosalind Hay (Female 20’s/30’s) Charlotte and George’s daughter. Used to act in her parents acting troupe, but decided to leave for a “real career”.
• Eileen (Female 20’s/early 30’s) Aspiring actress, eager to please. Has a crush on George; they have been having a fling.
• Howard (Male late 20’s/early30’s) a TV weatherman and Rosalind’s fiancé. Comes across as a wimp, annoying and nervous. Physical comedy.
• Paul (Male 30’s/early 40’s) actor and stage manager of the acting troupe. Used to be Rosalind’s boyfriend and wants her back. He would not leave acting for Rosalind. Physical Comedy.
• Richard (Male late 40’s/50’s) The Hay’s attorney who is in love with Charlotte and always tries to convince her to leave George.
Performance Dates and Times
Preview: October 5, 2017 7:00 pm Curtain
Evening Performances: Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays; 7:30 pm Curtain
Oct. 6, 7, 12, 13, 14, 19, 20 & 21
Matinees: Sundays; 2:00 pm curtain
Oct. 8 & 15
Wed July 19, 7:00 pm – 9:45 pm (In the James Lee Arts and Crafts Room)
Thurs July 20, 7:00 pm – 9:45 pm (In the James Lee Urbanites Room)
Call-Backs (if needed – by invitation):
Mon July 24, 7:00 pm – 9:45 pm (In the James Lee Multipurpose Room)
The James Lee Community Center
2855 Annandale Road
Falls Church, VA 22042
Auditions will be held in the Arts and Crafts Room and Urbanites Rooms – NOT IN THE THEATER. Both the Arts and Crafts Room and The Urbanites Room are located to the left of the main desk at the front entrance of the community center. Signs will be posted.
If You Will Be Auditioning Go To:
To get the rsvp email address, additional audition information including a preliminary production schedule, forms and audition instructions. We hope to see you at auditions!