Home Forums DC, Virginia, and Maryland Auditions URGENT Need for Chorus and Assistant Stage Managers

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Becky Patton 1 week, 5 days ago.

• Author

Becky Patton

Please excuse the short notice but Aldersgate Church Community Theater (ACCT) is looking for 2-4 white men, 2-4 African American men and 2-4 African American women as extras in the ensemble of <i>The Judicial Murder of Mrs. Surratt</i> that opens <span class=”aBn” tabindex=”0″ data-term=”goog_152334686″><span class=”aQJ”>September 29th</span></span>. Extras have no lines but will sing “Dixie,” “Farewell” and 1-2 other songs from the period and need not attend rehearsals beginning September 11. Tech week starts <span class=”aBn” tabindex=”0″ data-term=”goog_152334687″><span class=”aQJ”>September 24th</span></span>. More information can be found at acctonline.org.

<b> Also — </b>need two assistant stage managers for each performance night (9) beginning September 29th and  training will be conducted during the week of September 24th.

<b><i>The Judicial Murder of Mrs. Surratt</i></b> is a world premiere full production of the award-winning drama written by Rich Amada, produced by Jayn Rife and Marg Soroos, and directed by Eleanore Tapscott.

<b> </b>

<b>Play summary:</b>

Four score and nine years the United States of America existed as an independent nation that had never once seen fit to execute a woman for any crime. Then came the infamous night of April 14, 1865. Inside Ford’s Theatre, Washington, D.C., the famed actor John Wilkes Booth fired a bullet into the head of President Abraham Lincoln and, in so doing, set into motion a frenzy of events. Shocked and outraged by its first presidential assassination, the United States government launched an unprecedented dragnet to round up every suspect it could.  Among the people arrested was Mrs. Mary E. Surratt, the widowed owner of a Washington boardinghouse where Booth and others implicated in the assassination were alleged to have conspired. She was charged with conspiracy to commit murder and, along with seven male co-defendants, tried before a military tribunal convened by President Andrew Johnson especially for the occasion. Those convicted could be hanged. Mrs. Surratt was on trial for her life<i>.  The Judicial Murder of Mrs. Surratt </i>is a play based on that trial.

<b> </b>

Productions are located in Wesley Hall, Aldersgate United Methodist Church, 1301 Collingwood Road, Alexandria, VA 22308.

<b> </b>

Performances are<b> </b><span class=”aBn” tabindex=”0″ data-term=”goog_152334688″><span class=”aQJ”>September 29 – October 15</span></span> (three weekends:  Fridays and Saturdays at <span class=”aBn” tabindex=”0″ data-term=”goog_152334689″><span class=”aQJ”>8 p.m.</span></span> and<span class=”aBn” tabindex=”0″ data-term=”goog_152334690″><span class=”aQJ”>Sunday</span></span> matinees at <span class=”aBn” tabindex=”0″ data-term=”goog_152334691″><span class=”aQJ”>2 p.m.</span></span> – 9 shows and one preview show on <span class=”aBn” tabindex=”0″ data-term=”goog_152334692″><span class=”aQJ”>September 28</span></span>).

If interested, or know someone who is interested, would you please have him/her send an email toaccttheater@gmail.com or call Jayn Rife at 703-780-7770.

Reply To: URGENT Need for Chorus and Assistant Stage Managers
Your information: