I have had the pleasure of speaking to and working with this year’s Fringe producers, casts, playwrights, composers, lyricists, and designers for the past 7 weeks and I can guarantee you that this year’s crop of Capital Fringe offerings may be the best ever. Several are award-winning Fringe shows that are making a stop at Capital Fringe and some are returnees – and some are also award winners – and shows that were popular with Fringe attendees.
With some shows dropping out this week we are now at 125 Fringe shows for the Capital Fringe Festival, which begins tonight.
What shows should you see and buy tickets to?
First, why not take a look at the dozens of 2013 Capital Fringe Show Previews that are on our 2013 Fringe Page? They were written by the participants and they are very informative. Thanks to everyone who wrote a preview!
And tonight we begin posting reviews on DCMetroTheaterArts. We have 35 writers covering the 125 shows, and you can see the schedule under the 2013 Capital Fringe Show Previews on our 2013 Fringe Page. Come back often to see what’s been posted, and watch the table fill up with ratings and reviews.
I have received a lot of emails asking me to name some shows I would like to see. After my ‘editing and posting reviews marathon,’ ends – after I finish posting 112 reviews on DCMetroTheaterArts in the next few days – I will be seeing these and more shows and will probably add more shows to the list.
If I had the time, I would see every show in the Festival because they all look very interesting to me, but here’s a list of the ones I will try my damnest to get to, and then if I have time, I will see some more. I am a musical lover and this year’s musical offerings look terrific so a lot of them are on this list. Luckily, I have my ‘spies’ out there and I look forward to reading their reviews. I know they will be nudging me to see some of their favorites.
(1) One Night in New York!
(2) The Burlesque of Broadway
(3) Our Boys
(4) The Politician
(5) The Snuff Musical
(6) Haute Mess
(7) Arlington National Cemetery My Forever Home
(8) Carry a Big Stick
(9) Legal Tender
(10) Love, NY
(11) Mark Twain’s Riverboat Extravaganza!
(13) La Voce to Me
(14) The Shirt of Happiness
(15) Murder on the Bare Stage
(18) 1814 The War of 1812 Rock Opera
(19) In Search of the Perfect G-String
(21) Sesquicentennial – The Civil War Remembered
(22) Godiva Dates & One Night Stands
(23) Almost Together
(24) Cabaret XXXY: Who Do You Think You Are?
(25) Dementia Melodies: It Ain’t Over ‘til It’s Over
(26) Detective Pimbley and the Case of the Rich Dead Lady
(27) Disco Jesus and the Apostles of Funk
(28) Impossible to Translate But I’ll Try – True-Life Israeli Stories
(29) Misconception: The Lost Gospell of Christmas
(30) Songs From an Unmade Bed
(31) The Young Olympians
(32) A Guide to Dancing Naked
(33) Eve’s Big Fat Family Reunion
(34) The Crayon King, Or Learning to Share
(35) Old Time Music Hall
A final thank you to the Capital Fringe Staff for all their help.
I love the new website!
See you at The Fringe, and visit us to check our reviews.