Mount Vernon Community Children’s Theatre
SPRING BREAK CAMP April 14-18th
• physical development/kinesthetic skills
• artistic development /drama and theater skills
• mental development/thinking skills
• personal development/intra-personal skills
• social development/interpersonal skills
Experts encourage parents to enroll their children in these types of programs because children need constant structure in their lives to keep them active and focused. Summer Camps are a great time to get children involved in theatre.
What is the value of theatre? The theatre arts are for everyone, not just the expressive child. Participation in drama requires self control and discipline. These will serve the student well in all aspects of life.
• Teaches self-discipline and teamwork
· Is an important means of stimulating creativity in problem solving.
• Challenges students’ perceptions about their world and about themselves.
• Provides students with an outlet for emotions, thoughts, and dreams.