For those who partake of burlesque in the DMV area it’s a pretty steady diet of melons and tomatoes (and certainly there’s nothing wrong with that) but occasionally one needs some brotassium in their diet. Luckily the Round World is here to sate those appetites with BROTASSIUM, a Nutritious Evening of Boylesque at the Bier Baron this Sunday, July 26th at 7:30 PM.
BROTASSIUM features some of the DMV’s finest XX (chromosome that is) ecdysiasts:
- Jim Dandy, a former Ringling Clown – is that a balloon animal in his pocket, or …?
- Sideshowman Charlie Artful – beware his bedroom eyes for his bed is a bed of nails!
- Buster Britches is the Camp Counselor of Burlesque!
- Pervpunk drag performer Lucrezia Blozia – it’s not just her name …
- and introducing our stage tiger, Johan Sebastian Co*k, “if it’s not baroque don’t fix it” is his motto; at least we think that’s what he said.
BROTASSIUM is the first production of The Round World, a new production company founded by Chris Griffin, who started Hope Operas, DC’s serialized theatre festival and was co-founder of Cherry Red Productions, DC’s notorious pervpunk theatre company. The Round World’s mission is to combine theatre, burlesque, sideshow and circus to create exciting and scintillating new works. The name comes from the e.e. cummings poem, “damn everything but the circus.”
BROTASSIUM, a Nutritious Evening of Boylesque plays June 26, 2015 at the Bier Baron – 1523 22nd Street., NW, in Washington, DC. Doors open at 7:00 PM, and the show starts at 7:30. Tickets can be purchased online for $12.00 or at the door for $15.00.
This show is for ages 21 and up.