Discovery is in the air! And it’s all FREE!
Avant Bard proudly presents four weeks of theatrical experimentation with our inaugural Scripts in Play Festival–-more than a dozen readings of plays, classic and contemporary, all FREE to curious playgoers.
Featured events include:
* The Good Devil (in Spite of Himself), a new play by Mario Baldessari and Tyler Herman–a sneak preview of the final show of our mainstage season (and a chance to be part of its development).
* Natasha and the Wolf, a new play by Mary Resing (author of last season’s Helen Hayes Award winner Visible Language).
* TAME., a new play by Jonelle Walker inspired by Shakespeare’s Taming of the Shrew (and a Fringe Festival hit in 2014).
We want to hear from you!
The Scripts in Play Festival is your chance to help chart Avant Bard’s course for seasons to come. Some of these plays may show up as mainstage productions in the future, so your feedback during the Scripts in Play Festival is invaluable to us!
Other plays to be featured in the festival include:
* Dido, Queen of Carthage by Rebecca Speas
* Emilie: La Marquise Du Châtelet Defends Her Life Tonight by Lauren Gunderson
* First Citizen by Anna Lathrop
* Lear by Edward Bond
* Miranda by James Still
* Presumed Dead by Angela de Azevedo
* Compleat Female Stage Beauty by Jeffrey Hatcher
* The Green Cockatoo by Arthur Schnitzler
All Scripts in Play Festival events are performed at:
– 3700 South Four Mile Run Drive, in Arlington, VA 22206.
Mark the festival dates on your calendar and keep an eye out for more news.