Discovery is in the air! And it’s all FREE!
Avant Bard proudly presents four weeks of theatrical experimentation with our inaugural Scripts in Play Festival–-more than a dozen readings of plays, classic and contemporary, all FREE to curious playgoers.
Featured events include:
* The Good Devil (in Spite of Himself), a new play by Mario Baldessari and Tyler Herman–a sneak preview of the final show of our mainstage season (and a chance to be part of its development).
* Natasha and the Wolf, a new play by Mary Resing (author of last season’s Helen Hayes Award winner Visible Language).
* TAME., a new play by Jonelle Walker inspired by Shakespeare’s Taming of the Shrew (and a Fringe Festival hit in 2014).
Other plays to be featured in the festival include:
* Dido, Queen of Carthage by Rebecca Speas
* Emilie: La Marquise Du Châtelet Defends Her Life Tonight by Lauren Gunderson
* First Citizen by Anna Lathrop
* Lear by Edward Bond
* Miranda by James Still
* Presumed Dead by Angela de Azevedo
* Compleat Female Stage Beauty by Jeffrey Hatcher
* The Green Cockatoo by Arthur Schnitzler
All Scripts in Play Festival events are performed at:
– 3700 South Four Mile Run Drive, in Arlington, VA 22206.