Get ready kweens! For the fifth year in a row, Monumental Theatre Company will be presenting its annual Flip Flop cabaret. This is THE Pride month kickoff event you won’t want to miss.
Let’s face it: Where else in town would you see local performers sing a rousing rendition of “Lily’s Eyes” as James Potter and Severus Snape? Or watch as they fight over a local Artistic Director while singing Monica and Brandy’s “The Boy is Mine”? Of course, we’ll never forget when a local actress sang “Naughty” from Matilda while actually making it naughty.
Still need convincing? Here are five more reasons to kick off your Pride month with Flip Flop:
- Happy Hour prices. We’re taking over Pitchers this year and the drinks will be flowing (and affordable).
- Games. …Ever sang with a banana in your mouth?
- It’s like going to a bar with your best friends while a bunch of fierce performers sing at you. What’s not to love?
- It only happens once a year. Don’t miss your shot…or a Happy Hour shot!
- With the discount code Friend5, tickets are only $20.
Flip Flop welcomes host Dani Stoller and will include performers Rachel Barlaam, Solomon Parker, Christian Montgomery, Nigel Rowe, Kanysha Williams, Kylie Smith and Jyline Carranza. Harrison Smith will also perform and provide guitar accompaniment. Flip Flop is directed by Co-Artistic Directors Jimmy Mavrikes and Michael Windsor along with Associate Director Megan Bunn. Music direction is provided by Warren Freeman, with choreography by David Singleton.
With local talent singing pop hits and Broadway favorites, Flip Flop is sure to be a crowd-pleasing opener for Pride season.
Catch Flip Flop at 7:30pm on June 1, 2019, at Pitchers Bar DC—located at 2317 18th Street NW in Washington D.C. Tickets are available for purchase online.