DC Metro Theater Arts is Washington, DC’s most comprehensive source of performing arts coverage. Presenting critically engaging reviews, artist interviews, news, show calendars, and ticket discounts, we provide everything you need to be a savvy theatergoer in Washington, DC and the DC metro area.
At DCMTA, we recognize the power of the performing arts to enrich lives and further civic discourse. We also recognize that Washington, DC is more than the nation’s political capital: In recent decades, the DC region has evolved into a performing arts capital, a region that incubates new works, offers residents a rich variety of theater experiences, and provides more working weeks for actors than any American city outside of NY, Chicago, or Los Angeles.
With that in mind we:
- Provide the deep and thorough coverage of the region’s performing arts scene that mainstream publications cannot offer.
- Provide the Washington, DC region with a professional-grade arts publication commensurate with the caliber of art produced in the region.
- Highlight work by artists of all backgrounds, genders, and sexual orientations and to recognize that the vitality of DC theater is propelled by the diversity of the artists within its ranks.
WHAT WE COVER
Through reviews, news, and interviews, DCMTA covers professional, indie-professional, university, and community productions within a 30-mile radius of Washington, DC. We also cover select large productions and events beyond this radius that are noteworthy or of interest to our readers. We maintain one dedicated New York City reviewer to bring our readers news of Broadway, Off-Broadway, and Off-Off-Broadway happenings.
We prepare our review schedule a month in advance of the show’s opening and we depend upon companies to send us press invitations to be considered for review. To request coverage or to pitch story ideas, please use our contact page or send an email to the following staff members:
- Theater (DC region): Nicole Hertvik at email@example.com
- Classical, Opera, Contemporary music (DC region): Whitney Fishburn at Whitney@dcmetrotheaterarts.com
- NYC coverage: Deb Miller at Deb@dcmetrotheaterarts.com
- Miscellaneous inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
IN THEIR OWN WORDS
DCMTA invites members of the arts community to contribute articles. If you have a topic that you feel passionate about, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org about potential publication. Examples of past articles include this essay on the playwrighting process by playwright Normal Yeung and this article on burning paper onstage in Hamilton by props designer Jay Duckworth.
We love our advertisers! To inquire about ad rates please contact Managing Editor Megan Wills at Megan@dcmetrotheaterarts.com
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter to receive a convenient summary of everything we have covered that week.